Just filter the air.
Say NO to hay fever with Nasal Filters.
If you are tired of sneezing, an itchy and runny nose every single summer, RHINIX will save your day. The nasal filters are designed to allow free breathing while keeping your nose free of pollen. It’s that simple. All you have to do is buy it, insert it – and wave goodbye to your old hay fever symptoms.
Basically it is quite simple.
Rhinix is a small filter that you can place in your nostrils so you can avoid the pollens that cause your allergies. It adapts to your nostrils so you’ll stop noticing it (as you would wearing a contact lens) and it’s almost non-visible when used. You can wear it indoors or outdoors while you are active or relaxed. It’s that simple.
Our two first studies have been reported in the world’s #1 cited allergy journal The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. If you are interested in learning more, visit the healthcare professionals section of this site.
How well does Rhinix work?
- Really well! Especially if you can initiate use of Rhinix before your symptoms begin. In a study, more than half of Rhinix users experienced complete relief of sneezing and watery eyes. Almost complete relief of runny noses and it also reduced drowsiness markedly. The effects with Rhinix were greater than what has been shown in similar studies for a number of different medications including antihistamines and intranasal steroids.
Isn’t it visible to others?
- Rhinix’ breakthrough design minimizes its visibility when in use. Most people will not see you wearing Rhinix and most users are just happy to be less bothered by their allergy.
Isn’t it uncomfortable to wear?
- Most users do not find Rhinix uncomfortable. Rhinix’ breakthrough design lets it adapt to the shape of your nostrils. Just like a contact lens or a watch, you’ll most likely feel it less and less as you get used to wearing it.
Will I be able to breathe through my nose with Rhinix inserted?
- YES. We have shown in two separate well-designed studies that Rhinix does not make it harder to breathe through your nose.
Does Rhinix contain drugs?
- No. Rhinix is 100% drug free. And actually, Rhinix has been shown to reduce drowsiness. As you may know, drowsiness is a typical side effect to some of the mostly used antihistamines.
Can I reuse a Rhinix nasal filter?
- The filters are intended for one day use. You can take them out and reinsert them as many times as you like within the same 24 hours.
What happens if I breathe through my mouth?
- You should just breathe naturally like you normally would. It is not necessary for you to breathe exclusively through your nose to experience an effect on your allergy symptoms.
What about all the pollens that enter through my mouth and eyes?
- Rhinix has been shown to reduce watery eyes and itchy throats as well. Especially, when you start use of Rhinix before your symptoms have begun. This is probably because the cells in the nose are the primary culprits in the allergic response to allergens.
What type of allergies will Rhinix help control?
- Rhinix prevents inhalation of the allergens that cause your allergies. Rhinix will stop pollens and other particles that are similar in size to pollens.
Will Rhinix get blocked as I use it?
- The short answer is: This is highly unlikely to occur. Rhinix exceptional membrane technology minimizes the risk of blocking the filter.
Does it help on my eye symptoms?
- Yes. We’ve just released data from a new study that shows that Rhinix nasal filters have a substantial preventive effect on ocular symptoms, especially on watery eyes.
How often should I use Rhinix?
- You can either use Rhinix daily or as extra protection when you know you’ll need it (Ie, before walking into a park, mowing your lawn or for other activities that you know aren’t good for your allergies).
How do I get best effect of Rhinix?
- You should initiate use before symptom onset. For example, by placing them in your nostrils before you walk outdoors in the morning. As Rhinix prevents inhalation of pollens, it will only help with the pollens that haven’t yet entered your body.
The effect will be delayed if your symptoms have begun before you insert the filter.
Does this mean that I have to use Rhinix even before the season has begun?
- No. Or not necessarily. On any given day during the season, if you insert Rhinix before your symptoms start, you’ll experience a preventive effect. It may be that the effect will be even greater if you can keep the pollens completely at bay by starting use just as the season begins or if you use Rhinix for longer periods.
When will Rhinix be available in the US?
- The US Food and Drug Administration authorities have cleared Rhinix for marketing in the US. Rhinix is the first nasal filter that is allowed to be marketed for the prevention and alleviation of indoor and outdoor allergies.
Rhinix is available via www.rhinix.com and it will ship from Denmark.
What were the findings of the clinical studies?
- Summarized, they were:
- If used before symptom onset, some participants experienced complete symptom relief.
- Users quickly stopped noticing that they were wearing a Rhinix filter.
- Rhinix had a substantial preventive effect on a number of important and bothersome allergy symptoms including sneezing, itchy nose, runny nose, watery eyes, itchy throat and drowsiness.
Designed to be comfortable.
RHINIX has been designed for people. In our design we’ve aspired to fulfill 4 essential parameters to give you the best possible experience when using a RHINIX nasal filter. Basically, we wanted RHINIX to be effective against hay fever, to be breathable, invisible and comfortable.
We’ve proven that RHINIX works against hay fever.
We’ve proven that it is extremely breathable.
We’ve shown that most people quickly forget that they are wearing RHINIX.
As for its visibility and how you feel when wearing it, this is very individual, so it would be best for you to see it and try it for yourself.
How to use RHINIX. Step by step.
Recommendation: The RHINIX nasal filter will be most effective if you start using it before you experience symptoms. If you start using it after your symptoms have begun, the effect might be delayed.
Before insertion, blow your nose and make sure that it is dry. Insert the device as illustrated. Make sure that the pointy end of the nasal filter is directed towards the front of your nose (see illustration above). Use a mirror until you are comfortable with the process of inserting the nasal filter. Use a mirror to check that the device is positioned correctly (see illustration). The height of the nasal filter can be adjusted using the crossbar. When inserted correctly, you should be able to touch the side of your nostrils without experiencing discomfort. You may need to use both hands to insert the device until you are comfortable with the method.
The nasal filter does not necessarily have to be completely tight against the edges of your nose to be effective. The nasal filter will gradually adapt its shape to the proportions of your nasal cavity whereby you should feel it less and less.
When you want to remove the nasal filter, pull the nasal filter’s crossbar outwards in the opposite direction to the illustrations shown for insertion.
Filter size selection.
Use the size guide above to choose your filter size. If the nasal filter is too big, it may be uncomfortable and we suggest that you try a smaller size. Use the right size for optimum results.
From 15 years and up.
RHINIX nasal filters are designed for people all over the world, across races and living conditions.
Our current size range is designed for adults and teenagers, but might fit even younger people. If your daughter or son would like to use RHINIX nasal filters, please check the size of their nostrils before ordering. If their nostrils measure less than 8 millimeters in length, our filters will be too big. You are always welcome to contact us with suggestions for new sizes.
Guaranteed effect. Almost.
We want you to have the best experience with Rhinix. To maximise its effect we recommend that you begin wearing it before onset of your allergy symptoms.
For optimal performance it is important that you choose the correct size. If the nasal filter is too large it might come into contact with your mucosal membrane. If that happens we recommend switching to a smaller size, lowering its position (see the ‘How to use Rhinix’ section) or that you discontinue use.
If you have a nasal septal deviation it might not be possible to place Rhinix optimally and this might lower its effect.
During exercise of moderate intensity you may experience that your nasal breathing becomes laboured. This is normal and will usually occur even when you are not wearing Rhinix. If you feel that it is too uncomfortable with Rhinix inserted remove the nasal filter while exercising.
We recommend not using Rhinix if you have sores, sunburnt or irritated skin around your nostrils.
If you experience hypersensitivity to Rhinix nasal filters e.g. irritation of skin, we recommend that you discontinue use.
Available in one size only. Your size.
All noses are unique, just like yours. Nevertheless, we have made the filters in one highly adaptable shape and in three sizes: Small, Medium and Large. If you are unsure of your size, go to our shop and see the guide on how to choose before buying.
Feel free to breathe.
Millions of people from around the world are troubled by hay fever and are limited in what they can do when pollens surge. Very often the only answer to this is medicine. That is why we invented RHINIX. A clinically proven solution for most people with hay fever symptoms. Want to know more about the product or the people behind it?Contact
Subscribe to our Newsletter